Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello California!

After 28 hours of traveling with only 1 hour of combined sleep...Team Amsterdam is finally home in the horribly hot yet beautiful Redding, Ca!

It is great to be home and be surrounded by loved ones but we definitely miss our home for a month, Amsterdam. We landed in San Francisco at SFO at 3pm Thursday afternoon, and with traffic, 7 hours later to Redding. We were all greeted by some of our favorite people in the world! Mom's, fiances, boyfriends, and best friends! And we said goodbye to each other in the arrival lobby and went our separate ways for the first time in 34 days...it was bittersweet!

Some have had jet lag, but we've all experienced some reverse culture shock! Even the little things, like everyone around you speaking English and not Dutch! Please continue to pray for us, that we may adjust back into normal society as smoothly as possible!

We were most excited to return to our churches and participate in corporate worship! It was there that we felt the most home! Being at the Stirring was definitely surreal for most of us, being there and not serving! I (Hannah) had to force myself not to go to church early, it was just too weird to be in Redding on a Sunday and not be at church all day! Once I arrived at church, it was so wonderful to see all my church family but also all the newcomers! As worship began, and I listened/read the words to the new songs that I had never heard, it was amazing because of Amsterdam, I had a true experience for every word that I was singing. We saw God do amazing things in Amsterdam, not only in the city but in each of us individually...I know with everything in me that "my God is not dead, he's surely alive, living inside, roaring like a lion!" [Like a Lion - David Crowder]

Thanks you from the bottom of our hearts for all who supported, encouraged, and prayed for us! We wouldn't have seen the miraculous that we did without your love!

For our readers and supporters in the Redding area, we will be having a sharing night hosted by the Stirring! We would love for everyone to come! More details to come!

THANKS and LOVE from TEAM AMSTERDAM!

1 comment:

  1. Amsterdam team! You are world changers. I don't know if you remember me or not but I lead worship for you that night outside on Simpson University's campus when Jim Botts from Neighborhood Church spoke to you. Praise god for all he has done through your willing and loving hearts! Little things (sidewalk chalking, conversations, even a glance) done with the big love of Jesus change eternities. You can rest assured that the word of god does not return void! I can't wait to hear stories of contining change in Amsterdam from the movement god surely started through you. Blessings! -tim Hawkins

    ReplyDelete